Re: [Usability]The Real GNOME Project [Was: Feedback on GNOME 2]

On Tue, 2002-10-08 at 13:31, Ali Akcaagac wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-10-08 at 12:56, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > take responsibility for them.
>
> are you trying to threaten me ? on mailinglists and irc channels you may
> have the power to do this but would you also try this when you face me ?

No he didn't. He just pointed out that making an excuse for writing an
off-topic, inflammatory response does not lessen the impact or
perception of those responses. You either mean them or not. If you truly
thought your response to be off topic or inappropriate in some way, you
would have refrained from sending it, not making an excuse at the
bottom.

To get back on topic: what is wrong with having most little-used options
in gconf, and avoid cluttering up the UI tools for the vast majority of
users that well and truly do not need them and do not care?

--
Trust the Computer. The Computer is your friend.

Tel.    +46-046 222 8588             Dr. Janne Morén
Home:   +46-046 211 4973             Dept. of Cognitive Science
Fax:    +46-046 222 9758             Kungshuset, Lund
                                     S-222 22 Lund, Sweden