Re: [Usability]Re: Feedback on GNOME 2

On Tue, 2002-10-08 at 06:19, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> Example:
>
>   "GNOME 2 is completely unusable to me! Why can't I set the window raise
>   time out? Why have you taken everything out of it? I may as well just use
>   Windows or KDE, because GNOME it turning out just like them. In fact, I'm
>   going to install KDE right now. Disappointed, Example Poster A."
>
> Compare and contrast:
>
>   "I'm used to window managers with sloppy focus and windows raising after a
>   given timeout. I found that useful, because having windows pop up whilst
>   simply shifting my mouse across the screen was an interruption and a
>   surprise. Metacity doesn't seem to do this - perhaps this should be the
>   default when 'Raise window on focus' is on? Thanks, Example Poster B."
>
> I *guarantee* you that Example Poster B is going to get a decent response.
> They've described the current behaviour, desired behaviour, and reactions to
> each, whilst describing their needs. I'm not sure that too many hackers are
> going to miss Example Poster A -> indeed, they may as well use KDE.

neither A nor B would get a normal reply. as soon as it starts to not
follow the vision you have about GNOME it usually end in a flame. but
something i don't like in your reply is that you are forcing on us the
way you like we should reply to you. of course i understand that the
tone is making the music but you should also be able to deal with
negative criticism. in real life (dunno if you have such) people act
strange, not usually correct and different. you deal with all kind of
people with different attitudes, behaviours, temperament etc. you need
to deal with them. some of them piss you off, some don't. i personally
recall times where you are falling under the category A) when replying
to people.

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali akcaagac stud fh-wilhelmshaven de