Re: [Usability] Ctl+W

----- Original Message -----
From: "Luis Villa" <louie ximian com>

> On Wed, 2001-12-12 at 10:14, Sergio A. Kessler wrote:
> > - current gnome users are *not* the target gnome users
> >   (at least if gnome want to reach more desktop share than
> >   the current minimal niche)
>
> If current gnome users are not _part_ of the target market than we're
> going to lose to KDE. Period. Because hackers will not hack for
> something that doesn't work for them.

thas was my point.

I only said that sometimes what work for hackers,
doesn't work for newbies (or windows users).

and this contradicts the goal of extending
the use of gnome to the masses.

but, of course, hackers are the people who make gnome,
without the hackers, gnome wouldn't exist.
so...

/sergio