Re: [Usability] Ctl+W

<quote who="Sergio A. Kessler">

> 2) expect the target user to come closer to the
>    more geek-friendly gnome.
>   (seat down in a comfortable place, please)

Geek friendly is obtuse and lacking integration. [1]

User friendly is straight-forward, familiar, and integrated. As long as our
platform makes sense, we are doing well.

[ Example: I have no trouble in the world leaping between Windows and Mac
OS. Why? Both are well-integrated and intra-familiar. Our primary target
right now is a similarly intra-familiar user environment on a *nix platform;
we're just... ambitious. :) ]

- Jeff

[1] That's total bollocks, by the way - geeks are just able to deal with it
and get used to it far more easily.

--
    You know a French woman is faking it when she screams, "I would like
                     the table near the window please!"