Re: [Usability] Ctl+W

On Wed, 2001-12-12 at 10:14, Sergio A. Kessler wrote:
> - current gnome users are *not* the target gnome users
>   (at least if gnome want to reach more desktop share than
>   the current minimal niche)

If current gnome users are not _part_ of the target market than we're
going to lose to KDE. Period. Because hackers will not hack for
something that doesn't work for them. And if we don't have hackers we're
just another corporate sponsored project with no real community and no
economic advantages over closed-source software.

I'm not saying they are the only target market, mind you, but they
cannot be blithely ignored with the assumption that they won't leave and
take their time and effort somewhere else.

Luis