Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Central plugin repository

CC> Federico, I think the Launchpad idea is a great one.  However,
CC> Alexandre brought up an important point: approving plugins.  If
CC> all available plugins on Launchpad were included in the plugger-in
CC> plugin, it might be a good idea to differentiate between those in
CC> early-alpha and those in functional beta.  Does Launchpad have any
CC> sort of tagging functionality that could take care of this, so
CC> that those in charge of approving plugins could put a "stamp of
CC> approval" on plugins that are deemed ready for public consumption?
CC> Or perhaps a separate "meta-repository" that links to all approved
CC> projects?

Don't forget that rhythmbox is used on other distros other than
Ubuntu/Debian! (like Fedora) Launchpad is a little too Ubuntu-specific
for my liking, more appropriate, I think, is the NewStuffManager
mentioned below.

Although I realise that some people won't want to do this for
licensing or other reasons, I also think that time might be better
spent trying to get the plugins into SVN trunk.  So please file
enhancement bugs in bugzilla.gnome.org for any third-party plugins
that don't already have one.  If you create the plugin as a patch
against SVN trunk, your chances of getting into SVN are much greater
than just attaching a tarball that isn't integrated into the build
system.

A.