Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Central plugin repository

Il giorno mer, 09/04/2008 alle 10.57 -0400, Charlotte Curtis ha scritto:
Federico, I think the Launchpad idea is a great one.  However, Alexandre brought up an important point: approving plugins.  If all available plugins on Launchpad were included in the plugger-in plugin, it might be a good idea to differentiate between those in early-alpha and those in functional beta.  Does Launchpad have any sort of tagging functionality that could take care of this, so that those in charge of approving plugins could put a "stamp of approval" on plugins that are deemed ready for public consumption?  Or perhaps a separate "meta-repository" that links to all approved projects?

Charlotte

Launchpad can manage several "branches" or "tags" for each project, so no problem in separating experimental/unstable/stable plug-ins (I like the Debian terminology :D) and each "admin" can tag/branch code as needed ;)

Just take a look at the features currently in launchpad for more details: https://launchpad.net/+about