Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] a new design mockup for the RB homepage

Johannes Rebhan napisał(a):

Am Samstag, den 19.11.2005, 01:06 +0100 schrieb Martin Jeppesen:

I fear that Screenshots and Download are hidden too far away. People
expect to have a screenshot either on the front page or a menu item
called Screenshots.

That's what I think too. When a user thinks of giving a program a try, first he/she wants to see some screenshots.

About Download.. ahm.. nobody really downloads rb from the page.. if
someone compiles it, then he/she will surely go for the cvs and
otherwise he/she will fire up synaptics or their yast and download it
this way.. so i really think download is NOT that important.. ( not as
important as to clutter a perfectly clean menu )

Download section would also be a good idea if there were tar.gz with cvs snapshots. Compiling cvs version is not that
difficult e.g. under Ubuntu. All the required dev files are in repository. But downloading from cvs and autogen thing might
be too difficult for some people.

Development section is not that necessary. Information about the irc channel and mailing list could be put into about.

I think that you could put a "related tools" link there. With some plugins and extensions for rhythmbox.