Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] a new design mockup for the RB homepage

Hi

Ok i thought this topic would come up..

For clearing the menuitems point:

News ( this is the top page.. no About starting page.. its the most
important thing on a side to get to know what has changed )

Media
- Download
- Related Tools
- Screenshots ( nicely arranged with nice thumbs and shadow and just
everything )
- THE Rhythmbox SONG ( yeah fancy.. ) perhaps there is one someday..
like the totaly lame winamp song.. ( "it really wips the lamas
ass" ) :o)

About
- Description
- Features
- Screenshot ( one single ) and a link to the other screenshots )

Development
- Translation
- Feedback ( a normal user wount join the ML )

And by popular demand
http://www.waldgeist.org/idea5.png
http://www.waldgeist.org/idea6.png

The reason for not including more than 4 menupoints is simple yet
clear.. humans can without thinking, only recognize 4 items at a time
( sad but true ).. and we dont want to bother our visitors to think do
we ? ;oP..

And we dont really need a single menu entry for everything.. in times of
fast internet connections the user wants to click less and scroll for
that a little bit more...  ( and in our case its 2 Screen Heights at
max, thats really no problem at all).

Greetings
Waldgeist