Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] a new design mockup for the RB homepage

Am Samstag, den 19.11.2005, 01:06 +0100 schrieb Martin Jeppesen:
> I fear that Screenshots and Download are hidden too far away. People
> expect to have a screenshot either on the front page or a menu item
> called Screenshots.

Oook then we put Screenshots back into the menu.. ( even if i dont get
the problem with media.. as media also means screenshots )..

About Download.. ahm.. nobody really downloads rb from the page.. if
someone compiles it, then he/she will surely go for the cvs and
otherwise he/she will fire up synaptics or their yast and download it
this way.. so i really think download is NOT that important.. ( not as
important as to clutter a perfectly clean menu )

> I know it from myself. When I visit a website for a program, I look
> for a screenshot before I read the text.
>
> If Download is not on the front page, would I say, the website looks
> like a blog and people won't bother into the menus because Download is
> always on the front page.
>
> > And by popular demand
> > http://www.waldgeist.org/idea5.png
> > http://www.waldgeist.org/idea6.png
>
> Idea6 is pretty cool, but I like Idea5 the best =)

Idea 5 in my taste ist just plain boring.....

For the solution.. i think the best way for choosing is asking many ppl
and right now it seems most prefer idea2 .... i'll see how it develops
before deciding what to use.

Greetings
Waldgeist