Re: [orca-list] [Testers wanted before the official release] Slint64-4.2.1 release candidate is accessible.

Hello,
At-spi should not get killed. It'll be killed when lightdm exits. On my arch linux machine I'm using gdm to start gnome. When doing ps aux grep at-spi when logged into gnome I can also see at-spi processes running by the gdm user.
To troubleshoot this you can configure presession script in /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf and add a line like
pkill at-spi
Into that script.
This way you will kill at-spi before the session is created.

Greetings

Peter

Dňa 28. 10. 2017 12:04 AM používateľ "Didier Spaier" <didier slint fr> napísal:
Hello,

some progress,
I just needed to make the lightdm user member of the audio group...
Now it speaks.

However the graphical environment that it starts don't.

I think that I know why: when starting the session lightdm says:
"screen reader off" and kills orca, but don't kill at-spi2.
As it still owns it this prevents a regular user to start orca.
I realized that trying to start orca in lxterminal, see below:
cut here
didier[~]$ orca

** (orca:1671): WARNING **: Couldn't register with accessibility bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

** (orca:1671): WARNING **: Couldn't register with accessibility bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

** (orca:1671): ERROR **: AT-SPI: Couldn't connect to accessibility bus. Is at-spi-bus-launcher running?
Trappe pour point d'arrêt et de trace
didier[~]$ ps -ef|grep at-spi
lightdm   1259     1  0 23:13 ?        00:00:00 /usr/libexec/at-spi-bus-launcher
lightdm   1277  1259  0 23:13 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/dbus-daemon --config-file=/usr/share/defaults/at-spi2/accessibility.conf --nofork --print-address 3
lightdm   1279     1  0 23:13 ?        00:00:00 /usr/libexec/at-spi2-registryd --use-gnome-session
didier    1676  1661  0 23:16 pts/1    00:00:00 grep at-spi
didier[~]$
cut here

How can I solve this?

I think that I have a similar issue with gdm: even if it doesn't speak
(although it be also member of the audio group) it does start at-aspi2,
preventing orca to start for a regular user.

Oh, and the --disable-at-spi-command flag when configuring
lightdm-gtk-greeter just remove the reader accessibility feature.

Greetings,

Didier