Re: [orca-list] The use case(s) for "frozen" flat review?

hi
Yup, that worked flawlessly. Simulating a left click caused the focus
to immediately jump. WOuld you be willing to modify the bookmark code
to jump focus? I only ask because this is what happens in gecko and
webkit content, flat review jumps to the bookmarked position, and so
does the system carrot. I"m not sure about the focus, but I believe
the focus follows the carrot, and so moves anyway. THis would provide
a consistant experience. That said, I don't want to disrupt any users
who like how the bookmarks work now, and if you changed it you'd then
probably have to make a config option to change it, and that would be
one more option someone would have to remember to set, so I'm not at
all sure what to do now. But this is great. I now have universal
bookmarks! yay!
Thanks
Kendell clark

Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
Hey Kendell.

This is progress! :)

I didn't write the bookmark code, but my understanding is that
what you describe is the intended/expected behavior: Bookmarks do
not automatically change focus. Just like flat review does not
automatically change focus. But once flat review is over your
desired item, could you synthesize a click on it (using the
existing flat review commands for doing so)?

--joanie