Re: [orca-list] The use case(s) for "frozen" flat review?

Hey Kendell.

I think we're getting somewhere. Answers inline.

On 03/02/2015 09:08 PM, kendell clark wrote:

content. WOuld it be at all possible to make bookmarks general
purpose? THat is, I could set bookmarks in text documents, and jump to
my place there? I could set a bookmark on a particular file or folder
icon in nautilus, caja, etc and jump to that icon later?

This already works. I did the following steps:

1. Get into Nautilus. On the left-hand pane I pressed Down Arrow until
"Trash" was highlighted. Then I pressed Orca + Alt + 1 to set a bookmark
there.

2. Made sure I was nowhere near the Trash icon -- but still in Nautilus
of course as the bookmarks are specific to the app you're in. In
particular, I arrowed up to "Home" so that it was the
selected/highlighted item. Then, I tabbed to the icon view and arrowed
to the far other side and down. In summary: I'm not in flat review, I'm
not in the widget with my new bookmark, the selected item in that widget
is not the bookmarked item. (Have I proven to you that my bookmark and I
are quite disconnected? <grins>)

3. I pressed Orca + 1 to jump to the bookmark I set previously. Orca
immediately said "Trash" and put me into flat review at the location of
the "Trash" item.

Is that what you're trying to accomplish? And would this solve the
original use case you raised?

BTW, I've read the rest of your reply re flat review and find that
information quite useful. Thanks! But I'm now more interested in seeing
if we can solve your bookmark issue. :)

--joanie