From: orca-list [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of kendell clark
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2014 1:59 AM
To: Hadi Rezaee; orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Built in Controls for Espeak Pretty Please with Sugar, cheeries, whatever it
takes on top :)

hi
I know of this one. It has something to do with period symbols, followed by an underline, followed by a 0.
It makes eloquence announce that as D O T H U N D R E D followed by whatever you're listening to.
It turns ._2 to D O T H U N D R E D T W E N T Y , ./._3 into ... etc.
This is closed source software, and I don't see this ever getting fixed. I hate to be a bearer of bad
news, but this is precisely why some of  us have switched over to espeak, because of eloquence's issues
that just will not ever get fixed. This might be a speech-dispatcher  thing, or it could be eloquence
itself. I've been working for, I think, about a year and a half, maybe 2 years, trying very painstakingly,
to get espeak's US english up to snuff, and it's mostly there. It does have some issues that have more to
do with rules, how espeak interprets teh text, which I'm still struggling with. But it's usable now. IT
was tons worse when I first started. I now keep eloq around mostly to throw words at, or in case espeak
breaks horribly, which does happen occasionally.