Re: [orca-list] Built in Controls for Espeak Pretty Please with Sugar, cheeries, whatever it takes on top :)

hi
I know of this one. It has something to do with period symbols,
followed by an underline, followed by a 0. It makes eloquence announce
that as D O T H U N D R E D followed by whatever you're listening to.
It turns ._2 to D O T H U N D R E D T W E N T Y , ./._3 into ... etc.
This is closed source software, and I don't see this ever getting
fixed. I hate to be a bearer of bad news, but this is precisely why
some of  us have switched over to espeak, because of eloquence's
issues that just will not ever get fixed. This might be a
speech-dispatcher  thing, or it could be eloquence itself. I've been
working for, I think, about a year and a half, maybe 2 years, trying
very painstakingly, to get espeak's US english up to snuff, and it's
mostly there. It does have some issues that have more to do with
rules, how espeak interprets teh text, which I'm still struggling
with. But it's usable now. IT was tons worse when I first started. I
now keep eloq around mostly to throw words at, or in case espeak
breaks horribly, which does happen occasionally.