From: orca-list [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Luke Yelavich
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2014 2:26 AM
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Built in Controls for Espeak Pretty Please with Sugar, cheeries, whatever it takes
on top :)

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 04:59:18PM AEST, kendell clark wrote:

hi
I know of this one. It has something to do with period symbols,
followed by an underline, followed by a 0. It makes eloquence announce
that as D O T H U N D R E D followed by whatever you're listening to.
It turns ._2 to D O T H U N D R E D T W E N T Y , ./._3 into ... etc.

I wonder whether that can be worked around using user dictionaries. A while back, I committed a patch to
speech-dispatcher that was submitted to enable the ibmtts/voxin user dictionaries. I haven't looked into how
to use them myself, but perhaps we can come up with a list of issues and try to work around them with a
default user dictionary shipped with speech-dispatcher.

Luke