Re: [orca-list] Built in Controls for Espeak Pretty Please with Sugar, cheeries, whatever it takes on top :)

Hi,

There is the catch 22 I see with VI Linux users. Most mainstream Linux
users, those that use the GUI, have moved on to using the GUI and
therefore pulse is a non-issue for them. Even I confess since I rarely
use console speech this conflict between alsa and pulse is something
of a non-issue for me personally. However, as many VI users still rely
on console speech via Speakup etc they also depend on alsa and don't
want to fight with pulse. The only solution I can see is perhaps
writing a new screen reader for the console that uses pulse by default
which would make alsa verses pulse a non-issue for VI users. Any
thoughts?