Re: [orca-list] Built in Controls for Espeak Pretty Please with Sugar, cheeries, whatever it takes on top :)

It is vitally important that speakup be kept workiing well, i.e. something that can be used out of the box as
with out a
strong CLI Linux loses much of its flexibility and power, and terminal emulators are not a suitable
substitute for many
situations, even if you will be running a GUI all the time, which some of us do not. I use both CLI and GUI
and do not
want to lose any thing in either.
There's another project called jupiter I think that is a potentially good CLI screenreader that I'd like to
see revived,
and yes, working out a secure solution for PA users to have CLI via speechd-up and speakup at the same time
as orca is
important.
I do not like all the skipping I have to listen to with alsa and espeakup, but put up with it as the same
error does not
usually repeat, but it will be interesting to see how things go if I start runnning a hybrid sounds system
with most apps
using alsa, but one or two using PA.