Re: [orca-list] Please test profile-based language switching

Hey José.

On 02/24/2013 08:28 PM, José Vilmar Estácio de Souza wrote:

Too bad you will not be paid by problem solved because it seems that I
found two more problems.

You mean you didn't get my bill? <grins>

1. In thunderbird, when the profile is set to Brazil pt, blank lines are
announced by the word blank instead of "em branco".

I still have to go through Orca and find the remaining messages like
"blank" which should be taken from messages.py and not from whatever
file they are in. So this is a known issue. Having said that, I just did
the remaining instances of "blank".

2. When I change to a new profile, the announce of change is made using
the language of the new profile. Howerver, when I change back to
english, the announce is made using the language of the old profile.

I'm not seeing this problem myself. But I have seen other instances
where Orca is off by one. I'll tackle this general issue when I've had
some time to rest.

In summary, my to-do list of known issues is:
* The off-by-one issue (e.g. English message in non-english synthesizer)
* Stock widgets (ok button, cancel button, and other generic items)
* Strings with singular/plural ("x items found")
* Commands (aka Orca keybinding functions/descriptions)
* The remaining messages (spoken feedback like "blank")

Thanks again for all your testing!
--joanie