Re: [orca-list] Please test profile-based language switching

Hi Joanie.

On 02/23/2013 09:17 PM, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
Hey José.

Sorry for being dense, but which synthesizer (English or Portuguese) and
which language for the character name (English or Portuguese)?
The synthesizer is english and the language for the character name is englishe.

The reason I ask is that for me the synthesizer is remaining the same
(Brazilian Portuguese) and the characters are not sounding any different
before and after Alt+Tabbing out of and back into Gedit. And the
characters sure don't sound like English to me. Admittedly, there is a
chance that they are English words being spoken by speech-dispatcher so
differently that I assume it is not English when in actuality it is.
Which brings me to the next question: Are there particular characters to
best illustrate this problem? (And/or the related problem you pointed
out earlier)
No, all chars present the same behavior.

Something else that would be helpful are steps that I can reproduce and
compare using Brazilian Portuguese as my session locale versus Brazilian
Portuguese as a profile in my U.S. English session. Ideally, the test
case will produce different results in a "SPEECH OUTPUT" line of a full
debug.out in each environment. In other words, something even a
monolingual American with hearing dulled by age and playing music way
too loud for way too long couldn't miss. <smiles>

And as long as we are being thorough: Do you have any
application-specific settings for Gedit? (i.e. maybe something is going
wrong with reloading settings)
Seems that you find the problem!
it happens if I have specific settings for the application.

Thanks in advance! (And apologies, again, for failing to "get it")
--joanie