Re: [orca-list] Espeak voice variations are not displayed in Orca preferences dialog.

Hi Kyle,

On 11/28/12, Kyle <kyle4jesus gmail com> wrote:
This must be done from within Orca
by increasing the pitch of the uppercase voice. It has been suggested
here that eSpeak likes a slightly larger pitch increase, so 7.0 on the
pitch slider is easier to hear than the default 6.0. My guess is not
that you are encountering all lowercase text, but rather that you are
unable to hear the difference between a pitch of 5.0 and 6.0 using
eSpeak.

Yes. I've just tested this and I really can't hear a difference
between a pitch of 5.0 and 6.0. It probably doesn't help that I have
some partial hearing loss and in order for me to really hear the pitch
changes they have to be much more noticeable. A pitch of 7.0 is much
more noticeable than 6.0.