Re: [orca-list] Espeak voice variations are not displayed in Orca preferences dialog.

Hi Al and all,

On 11/27/12, Al Sten-Clanton <albert e sten_clanton verizon net> wrote:
Is speech-dispatcher the reason that I can't seem to get Orca to
indicate uppercase characters, and can't even use the setting for it?

I don't know, but I wish someone could shed some light on this as I
consider it a rather big problem for Orca users. I am a programmer and
have to deal with cap specific function names and variables, and it
drives me crazy that I can't get Orca and ESpeak to identify capital
letters. I've had to resort to commercial speech solutions such as
Voxin in order to identify capital letters in my code.
That said, since Voxin and Cepstral Callie both identify capital
letters using Speech Dispatcher I am willing to say Speech Dispatcher
isn't the problem. I don't know if the problem is on ESpeak's end or
Orca's end of the problem, but I know commercial synths like the
Cepstral voices and Voxin don't seem to have this issue.