Re: [orca-list] Espeak voice variations are not displayed in Orca preferences dialog.

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 10:52:27PM EST, Dattatray Bhat wrote:
Using Ubuntu 12.04 with Orca 3.4.2, I am not able to choose voice
variations like croak, female1, female2, ... male1, male 2, ..., whisper
etc. because they are not displayed in Orca preferences dialog. A little
exploration showed that the folder /usr/share/espeak-data/voices/!v
contains the voice files all right. But in each of the files, language is
set to the value 'variant'. The file 'croak' has following contents -

Orca doesn't support these variations because speech-dispatcher doesn't support these variations, and I don't
think speech-dispatcher's current architecture allows such variations to easily be supported and offered to
clients. I agree this would be nice to have, but it requires someone to do the work to extend
speech-dispatcher and make this available to speech-dispatcher clients.

Luke