[orca-list] Espeak voice variations are not displayed in Orca preferences dialog.

Using Ubuntu 12.04 with Orca 3.4.2, I am not able to choose voice variations like croak, female1, female2, ... male1, male 2, ..., whisper etc. because they are not displayed in Orca preferences dialog. A little exploration showed that the folder /usr/share/espeak-data/voices/!v contains the voice files all right. But in each of the files, language is set to the value 'variant'. The file 'croak' has following contents -
language variant
name croak
gender male 70
pitch 85 117
flutter 20
formant 0 100 80 110

When I replaced 'variant' with 'en' (for English) in above file, the variation 'croak (en)' showed up in Person combo box on Speech page of Orca preferences. I selected it and could hear the croaky voice. But hard coding a language in the voice file will provide the voice variation only for that language. I feel we need to add a Language combo box on the speech page. Then the Person combo box would show available voice variations.