Re: [orca-list] Nautilus slowness

Thomas Ward <thomasward1978 gmail com> wrote:

Now, there is the rub. Its a catch 22 situation, because you are
right. On one hand its undesirable to have the sidebar active
because it slows Nautilus down. On the other if you disable the
sidebar you can't safely remove external hard drives, pen drives,
flash cards, etc.

I'm sure you can use the umount command as usual to do this, but it does
involve switching to your terminal session rather than a simple keyboard
operation from within the file browser.

I personally don't use file browsers much - I do all this from the shell
because it's faster and I can operate on many files at once, use the find
command, etc.