Re: [orca-list] talking gdm with orca in fedora

Alex Midence writes:
guess the moral of the story is, it's easiest when you build your pc
from parts so you have control of what cards are installed where.  If
I ever get a laptop, I'll make srue to get something like an Assus
wehere I most likely won't have to worry too much about such things.

I share my pc and stuff with my wife who is sighted and my children
both of whom are sighted as well.  I want them to have the full
graphical experience intended by the manufacturer when they get on my
machine.

My sense of the video world is that the ATI devices track pretty closely
to leading edge video. And, they're all open source, so very well
supported by Linux distros.

Yes, you have more control when you build from parts. But, it's usually
possible to avoid a few gotchyas, like Nvidea, even when you order off
the shelf. Always check the parts list, imo.

Janina

alex M