Re: [orca-list] ubuntu latest one

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 11:20:34AM EST, Isaac wrote:
Hi, will the latest ubuntu work with a dell dimention e520 and how do I get up and running with sound to
install ubuntu please?

I would generally say yes, however without knowing exactly what hardware the machine has, there is no way of
knowing whether everything will work properly out of the box without any extra effort. So the best I can
suggest is that you try using Ubuntu 12.04 on the system and see how things go.

Assuming you know how to boot from a CD or USB drive, you boot the Ubuntu 12.04 install image, and wait till
you hear a sound like bongo drums. Once you do so, wait a second or so, then press the Control + S keys, to
activate the Orca screen reader, and proceed with the install of Ubuntu.

Luke