Re: [orca-list] talking gdm with orca in fedora

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 09:07:43AM EST, Robert Cole wrote:
Unfortunately, the system which I purchased last year has an
integrated nVidia card. I do not believe that it uses Optimus
technology, so I am sticking with Nouveau from here on out. The next
time I buy a new system I am going to probably stray away from
nVidia systems altogether.

If you are using a desktop system, I'd strongly encourhage you to consider getting a system that either has
an integrated AMD GPU, or allows you to install a video card, in which case you can install and use an AMD
GPU that has support in the open source drivers. With your use of magnification, you wouldn't need to use any
proprietary drivers, as the open drivers work well with 3D, certainly well enough for magnification.

Luke