From: "Hermann" <meinelisten onlinehome de>
To: "Milton" <milton tomaatnet nl>
Cc: "Jim Barbour" <jbar barcore com>; <Orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 4:05 PM
Subject: Re: [orca-list] sysadmin help

On 31.07.2008 at 15:49:42 "Milton" <milton tomaatnet nl> wrote:

Yes,  I am prompted for my password and after I typed this on my display
synaptic appears but orca keeps quiet. I am only using speech.
I do use the apt-get command. And also network-admin works fine.

If the network-admin works, then something must be wrong with
Synaptic. Did you try to tab around the application? What do you hear if
anything at all? Is there an "unlock" button? If so, press it and
re-enter your user password. In some apps you must do this, so in the
Services-admin.
Note: I don't use Synaptic, so I'm not familiar with it, I prefer
Aptitude.
Hermann