Re: [orca-list] sysadmin help

On 31.07.2008 at 14:39:31 "Milton" <milton tomaatnet nl> wrote:

Hello Herman,

Indeed. Mine shows $ instead of %.
But even then I got no access with orca after sudo synaptic.

What's onyour display? Are you prompted for your user password? Does Orca
indicate this?
In case of package administration I would recommend apt-get and aptitude
which you can use from within a text console, provided you have a
braille display. However other tools, such as the network-admin, must be
started from within the GUI, so this should be made working.
Hermann