Re: [orca-list] keys in conflict with XUL application keys
- From: Willie Walker <William Walker Sun COM>
- To: Milan Zamazal <pdm brailcom org>
- Cc: Joanmarie Diggs <joanmarie diggs gmail com>, orca-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [orca-list] keys in conflict with XUL application keys
- Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 12:47:28 -0400
Thanks for your understanding and flexibility here. To determine which
keys Orca uses in Firefox, you can bring up the Firefox-specific Orca
preferences dialog by pressing Ctrl+Orca+Space (e.g.,
Ctrl+Insert+Space). The keybindings tab will have a list of all the
keystrokes Orca has defined.
Hope this helps!
Milan Zamazal wrote:
We discussed it here more and decided that the easiest solution would be
indeed to avoid using conflicting keys in the XUL application. At least
with applications targeted at visually impaired users it is possible.
But the important thing is to know which keys are reserved for Orca.
Currently in Firefox Orca uses a lot of keys such as alphanumeric keys,
arrow keys, Insert/Home/End, etc. including combinations with modifiers.
So which key bindings can a XUL application use without any current or
future conflict with Orca?
Orca-list mailing list
Orca-list gnome org
Visit http://live.gnome.org/Orca for more information on Orca
] [Thread Prev