Re: [orca-list] form field structural navigation

Hey Krister.

It almost works now, that is, it works way better than it ever has.

Progress is a good thing.  Let's keep making it! :-)

On the second and subsequent forms, there are a couple image links that
the cursor lands on when choosing time and also ticket types,

Yup, I saw those. The question is: Should they be considered form fields because they are acting as controls within the form (i.e. like a "show me a calendar" button), or not because they are not *technically* form controls?

(biljetttyp) and you have to hold on to your Orca modifier  key else
you're out of the form,

I'm not sure I follow you.  If you wouldn't mind elaborating....

that may not be an issue at all, but the image links, is it good that
the cursor lands on those? Maybe it's unavoidable, in which case there's
not much to do.

"Good" is to be defined by you, the user. And it's not unavoidable at all. If you really don't want image links to be treated as form controls, I could go in and cause them to not be treated as form controls.

The trick is defining when an image link is relevant as a control or not. For instance, I've seen forms where the go "button" is a graphic that says "go" and is a link. Most of the time, if there's an image link that is physically inside of a form, it's functioning as a button. I can do some looking later today to see if there is anything being exposed via at-spi which would allow us to distinguish a pseudo button from a plain ol' image link that happens to be embedded in a form.

Take care and keep the test cases and feedback coming!
Joanie