Re: Orca newbi: need help on finding dependencies for orca setup for ubuntu

krishnakant Mane wrote:
Those who have tested OpenOffice (2.0.4) in Edgy with Orca report good
results (it seems to me to work as well, though I'm not a screen reader
user so no expert).
so afterall is it supporting openoffice accessibility out of the box?
I mean, is java access bridge coming bundled with edgy?
if yes then I can't help downloading it and trying it myself.

The latest versions of OpenOffice/StarOffice no longer rely on a Java
accessibility infrastructure to make them accessible. There is now a
"native" at-spi equivalent. You won't need the java-access-bridge to
make OpenOffice accessible with Edgy.