Re: Timeschedule of 0.7 release and possible sponsoring

>> wpa_supplicant:

>> NetworkManager
>> >>
>> > You have to select WPA ENTERPRISE than PEAP , Dynamic WEP and MSCHAPV2
>> > than it should work. Its not a LEAP network.
>> >

>> This works for the first network. Now at my second university i have
>> this
>> wpa-supplicant config. I can't figure out how to get this working with
>> NetworkManager.
>>
>> ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
>> eapol_version=1
>>
>> network={
>>         ssid="ssid"
>>         scan_ssid=1
>>         key_mgmt=IEEE8021X
>>         eap=TTLS
>>         anonymous_identity="anonymous uni nl"
>>         phase2="auth=PAP"
>>         identity="account uni nl"
>>         password="password"
>>         ca_cert="/home/jeroen/Desktop/SURFnet-PCA-Root-CA.crt"
>> }
>>
>> I selected WPA Enterprise TTLS, PAP, filled in the account settings and
>> made a link to the certificate file in the CA field. What am i doing
>> wrong, or is it even possible to connect to this network with
>> NetworkManager?
>
> This is dynamic WEP.  Use WPA Enterprise, and change the Key Type to
> "Dynamic WEP".  Yes, it's odd, and yes, we'd like to make the WPA
> options more understandable.
>
> Dan

This is great! Both the networks i tried work with NetworkManager. This is
a pretty big step for Wifi users i think. Especially those who aren't
familiar with command line and wpa-supplicant tweaking.

I still have one question though: the networks with TTLS and PEAP are both
recognised by networkmanager, but when i try to connect to them by
clicking on them, i dont get the option for wpa enterprise. I have to
manually connect to the networks to make the connection work. Is this a
bug and do i have to file this bug, or is it a well known problem?

Keep up the great work!

Jeroen