Re: Timeschedule of 0.7 release and possible sponsoring

Op zaterdag 08-09-2007 om 12:16 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Jeroen van
de Nieuwenhof:

> > > Yes. Take a look around. I have debs installed (unofficial --
someone
> > > made them -- maybe I found them on a forum). I currently use 0.6.5
on
> > > my
> > > laptop with KNetworkManager 0.2.
> >
> > 0.6.5 is in Gutsy.
> >
> > http://packages.ubuntu.com/gutsy/net/network-manager
> >
> > So either
> >      1. wait for 10.04
> >      2. upgrade to the current Gutsy
> >      3. backport it
> >
> > I would suggest 1, as it is only in a month.
> >
> > NIco
> >

> Thanks for the info.
>
> I selected option 2, tuesday i'm going to test if it really works with
one of the wireless connections.

> Jeroen

Today i'm at the university that uses these settings in wpa_supplicant:

network={
        ssid="university"
        scan_ssid=1
        key_mgmt=IEEE8021X
        eap=PEAP
        phase2="auth=MSCHAPV2"
        identity="account university tld"
        password="password"
}

I tried connecting to the network with NetworkManager 0.6.5 in Ubuntu
Gutsy and i couldn't get a connection. Networkmanager just kept on
circling without returning any green bulbs (in the applet). I've
selected LEAP, filled in my username and password and then chose
IEEE802.1.x. I also tried WPA-EAP, but that didn't work too.

If it's true that this type of connection is supported by NetworkManager
0.6.5, then what am i doing wrong?

Regards,

Jeroen