Re: Timeschedule of 0.7 release and possible sponsoring

Jeroen van de Nieuwenhof wrote:
On Thu, 2007-09-13 at 18:15 +0200, Jeroen van de Nieuwenhof wrote:
Today i'm at the university that uses these settings in
wpa_supplicant:
network={
        ssid="university"
        scan_ssid=1
        key_mgmt=IEEE8021X
        eap=PEAP
        phase2="auth=MSCHAPV2"
        identity="account university tld
<mailto:account university tld>"
        password="password"
}

I tried connecting to the network with NetworkManager 0.6.5 in Ubuntu
Gutsy and i couldn't get a connection. Networkmanager just kept on
circling without returning any green bulbs (in the applet). I've
selected LEAP, filled in my username and password and then chose
IEEE802.1.x. I also tried WPA-EAP, but that didn't work too.

If it's true that this type of connection is supported by
NetworkManager
0.6.5, then what am i doing wrong?

You have to select WPA ENTERPRISE than PEAP , Dynamic WEP and MSCHAPV2
than it should work. Its not a LEAP network.

This works for the first network. Now at my second university i have
this
wpa-supplicant config. I can't figure out how to get this working with
NetworkManager.

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
eapol_version=1

network={
        ssid="ssid"
        scan_ssid=1
        key_mgmt=IEEE8021X
        eap=TTLS
        anonymous_identity="anonymous uni nl"
        phase2="auth=PAP"
        identity="account uni nl"
        password="password"
        ca_cert="/home/jeroen/Desktop/SURFnet-PCA-Root-CA.crt"
}

I selected WPA Enterprise TTLS, PAP, filled in the account settings and
made a link to the certificate file in the CA field. What am i doing
wrong, or is it even possible to connect to this network with
NetworkManager?
This is dynamic WEP.  Use WPA Enterprise, and change the Key Type to
"Dynamic WEP".  Yes, it's odd, and yes, we'd like to make the WPA
options more understandable.

Dan

This is great! Both the networks i tried work with NetworkManager. This is
a pretty big step for Wifi users i think. Especially those who aren't
familiar with command line and wpa-supplicant tweaking.

I still have one question though: the networks with TTLS and PEAP are both
recognised by networkmanager, but when i try to connect to them by
clicking on them, i dont get the option for wpa enterprise. I have to
manually connect to the networks to make the connection work. Is this a
bug and do i have to file this bug, or is it a well known problem?

Keep up the great work!

there is no way for nm to find out if its a wep dynamic network or not.
so you have to tell nm this info.