Re: Timeschedule of 0.7 release and possible sponsoring

Jeroen van de Nieuwenhof wrote:
Hi there,

I'm running Ubuntu Linux on my laptop and i use networkmanager to manage
my network connections. I work and study on two different universities
that both use some wireless setup that i can't connect to with
NetworkManager. I hear all kind of things about the 0.7 release being
able to do that. The fist question is: is this try for the networks at
these universities?

For the first university i use this wpasupplicant script to connect to
the network:

network={
	ssid="university"
	scan_ssid=1
	key_mgmt=IEEE8021X
	eap=PEAP
	phase2="auth=MSCHAPV2"
	identity="account university tld"
	password="password"
}

The second university uses the SecureW2 client for Windows computers to
connect to the network see (http://www.securew2.org/). I haven't tried
it yet, but it seems like there is a way of connecting with Linux using
wpasupplicant also. Another institute uses this setup for that (instead
of SecureW2 on Windows):

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
eapol_version=1

network={
        ssid="uva"
        scan_ssid=1
        key_mgmt=IEEE8021X
        eap=TTLS
        anonymous_identity="anonymous uva nl"
        phase2="auth=PAP"
        identity="studentennummer uva nl"
        password="geheim"
        ca_cert="/etc/1x/certs/SURFnet-PCA-Root-CA.pem"
}

The second question i have is: When will this 0.7 release be ready?

And the third is: Is it possible to speed up the development of 0.7 (or
the release that handles my network connections stated above) by making
a donation or paying some bounty for this? I have some money available
for this.

both should work fine with 0.6.5