Re: [Muine] New release soon?

Peter Johanson wrote:
Ok, awesome. I commited this fix to CVS this afternoon. I'm going to go
through the gnome bugzilla and see if there's any other low-hanging
fixes, or things that really need to be in before another release, and
then, depending on how much that turns out to be, do either another
pre-release or do a 0.8.4 final.

I've gone trough the list and the bugzilla a week ago, and there weren't that much ready-made patches. One I remember is a patch that fixes some mnemonics (right now there is _Play and _Previous), and one that changes the TrayIcon (left click would be "show window", right click would be context menu).

The first patch seems a no-brainer, the second one is something we might want to discuss. I think it would be a good thing to make the trayicon behave in a standard GNOME/HIG way. However I think the patch had some issues. I'll look it up.

Also, it would be fun if scrolling the trayicon would adjust the volume. I've seen that in the muine-applet (webpage unreachable sadly enough), and I would like to see it included in muine. If someone can track down the muine-applet sourcecode, it's probably cut'n'paste.

On the other hand, that last request is maybe something for another release, as it's quite a big change...

regards,

Joachim