Re: Proposals...

hi,

Juan José Sánchez Penas wrote:
> The only list I am aware of is the one in gnome.org/mobile, which is pretty
> outdated (basically it is the one we had when GNOME Mobile -then GMAE-
> started a few years ago, without any relevant change).

The initial list has been revised, and the graphic updated, after the
initial GNOME Mobile release set (2.24). We have a module consideration
period, just like the GNOME project, we have a list of technologies in
incubation - and please propose modules you feel are missing here.

Ross: are you planning on announcing that the module proposal period for
2.28 is open, by the way? Or is it implicitly the same schedule as the
rest of GNOME?

> I think this is a great idea. Back in Istambul we talked about updating the
> web and doing some more actions, but this never happened.

We had a volunteer who had some issues getting an account while he had
time, and getting time when he had an account.

> If you need some help, just let me know.

We need some help!!!

Ideally, the help would be of the type "discuss here, modify content
based on resulting discussion/agreement", rather than "unilaterally
change the GNOME Mobile web-page". There's lots of stuff that we have
planned for ages and never gotten around to - gathering examples of
GNOME Mobile platforms & giving developers links and means to install &
use them, providing a reference GNOME Mobile application using the core
GNOME Mobile APIs, and instructions for building it on the various
platforms, collecting case studies of hardware manufacturers & ISVs
using GNOME Mobile successfully (Vernier, Bug Labs, Nokia, Intel, ...).

If you have time to put into any of this, you're more than welcome. The
GNOME Mobile web-page is in the gnomeweb-wml GIT module, under
www.gnome.org/mobile - patches are welcome, and will be applied rapidly
& liberally. If you already have a GNOME account, please let me know
before committing, and if you don't, and submit a couple of patches,
I'll gladly provide a reference to get you started.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary