Re: Proposals...

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 5:10 AM, Nils Faerber
<nils faerber kernelconcepts de> wrote:
> Or even if the developers do not do that themselves it could be one of
> the tasks for Gnome/mobile to aggregate such information and put it on
> display.
[snip]
> For me it is kind of both, the embedded/mobile tailored base component
> enabling new usescases, e.g. Hildon/Maemo would have been pretty hard to
> imlement without tailored components at hand, but this does not
> automatically turn Hildon/Maemo into a Gnome/mobile component.

Lets work on making things less fuzzy.  The most official place I can
think of for finding GNOME Mobile software is in the GNOME release FTP
repository.  The latest for GM is,
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/mobile/2.27/2.27.1/sources/

Here is a list of the software found there,
GConf-dbus-2.16.0
atk-1.26.0
evolution-data-server-dbus-2.20.0
glib-2.21.0
gst-plugins-base-0.10.22
gstreamer-0.10.22
gtk+-2.17.0
gtk-doc-1.11
pango-1.24.2

Surely this can't be it!  (in fact I know it isn't, but it is a start)

Lets get a discussion going here and start adding in software that we
think deserves to be released as a part of GM.  That doesn't mean any
submissions must only relate to mobile; obviously the items listed
above are a part of the Desktop release.  Instead lets start grouping
together the core software that must be used for GNOME Mobile to
function.

Should that include a window manager like Matchbox?  Should apps be
included or should the list be just enough to get a default UI shell
up and libraries to start building apps against?

Lets start answering those questions by populating this list!  If you
are a developer who's software belongs in the list, please sound off.
If you know of a piece of software that belongs to this list please
add to it.

Mike