Re: Proposals...

Hi Mike,

Mike Turquette wrote:
> Lets work on making things less fuzzy.  The most official place I can
> think of for finding GNOME Mobile software is in the GNOME release FTP
> repository.  The latest for GM is,
> http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/mobile/2.27/2.27.1/sources/
>
> Here is a list of the software found there,
> GConf-dbus-2.16.0
> atk-1.26.0
> evolution-data-server-dbus-2.20.0
> glib-2.21.0
> gst-plugins-base-0.10.22
> gstreamer-0.10.22
> gtk+-2.17.0
> gtk-doc-1.11
> pango-1.24.2
>
> Surely this can't be it!  (in fact I know it isn't, but it is a start)

Indeed - the release set does not include what the GNOME project calls
"external dependencies". I don't like the phrase, because that implies
that we're simple consumers of these dependencies, when in reality many
are developped by the GNOME community.

These dependencies include a large number of fd.o modules - DBus, HAL,
Telepathy, BlueZ, Matchbox (which should be a GNOME module, no?), Cairo,
SQLite.

The mobile release set could/should also include binding sets for C++
and Python for all of these core libraries - and perhaps Vala too?

I'm not sure where gio and gVFS get packaged - in glib, I think?

I would certainly not be opposed to releasing tarballs of core external
dependencies as part of the GNOME Mobile release set on gnome.org.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary