Re: Proposals...

On Thu, 2009-05-14 at 12:29 +0200, Dave Neary wrote:
> Indeed - the release set does not include what the GNOME project calls
> "external dependencies". I don't like the phrase, because that implies
> that we're simple consumers of these dependencies, when in reality
> many
> are developped by the GNOME community.

And as I've said before, that situation is no different than for the
regular GNOME release sets. We may not claim to release software that we
do not release, or claim that the software is part of our release
process when it clearly isn't. There's no downside to being honest about
this.

So far all suggestions I've read that we should do otherwise have been
vague and have ignored the obvious confusion that will result. I still
strongly object to this intentional confusion.

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com