Re: [guadec-list] Accommodation plans

Hi,

On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 11:56 +0100, Quim Gil wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 11:40 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
>
> > How many places are available? I'm convinced that a _lot_ of people
> > would like to stay in this place. If I understand the two weeks thing
> > below, then this gives them a chance to stay there too.
>
> Vilanova Park is offering a group reservation for 500 people. This is
> the availability they can guarantee now. The problem is that we as
> GUADEC Committee can't compromise to that. This is why we need to
> negotiate something in between.

I'm convinced you should get yourself clear of worrying about the
accommodation - trust me, it's overly complicated when anymore than 10
people start booking. Wash your hands of it. Get Vilanova Park to give
us a 'codeword' that people can mention in all bookings with them and
let people who are paid full time to handle bookings do just that.

People who are late with their bookings - tough luck. You don't have to
be the nice guy all the time, especially when you're hosting and running
a large conference at the same time.

Just my 2 cents, trying to preserve your sanity.

Glynn