Re: [guadec-list] Accommodation plans

On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 11:40 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:

> How many places are available? I'm convinced that a _lot_ of people
> would like to stay in this place. If I understand the two weeks thing
> below, then this gives them a chance to stay there too.

Vilanova Park is offering a group reservation for 500 people. This is
the availability they can guarantee now. The problem is that we as
GUADEC Committee can't compromise to that. This is why we need to
negotiate something in between.

I'll try to explain better the two weeks thing:

- GUADEC Committe compromise now to book for these somewhat related
people.

- Once online registration is open, we give the possibility to
participants to book accommodation as well, as part of this group
reservation.

Say that participants book accommodation for 140 people in the GNOME
VIllage through the online registration in these two weeks. The the
GUADEC Committee would agree with Vilanova Park a group booking for 200
people.

People registering after these two weeks would still be able to join the
GNOME Village, but dealing directly with Vilanova Park and subject to
availability.