Re: [guadec-list] Accommodation plans

Hi,

On Tue, 2006-03-07 at 11:00 +0100, Quim Gil wrote:
> The complexity here is how to make the right reservation. There are too
> many variables: people not staying all nights, some preferring less
> price & space (5 in a bungalow), others willing to pay more for more
> comfort (2 in a bungalow), people alone needing to find others to share...

I think you should probably let people handle accommodation themselves -
perhaps organize a discount for anyone booking some accommodation using
the word 'guadec' or something. Getting into mass booking is really
outside the scope of conference organization [although we've done it in
the past at times - it's turned out to be a bit of a nightmare].

Just give people options, put it on a website, and let them do it
themselves.

Glynn