Re: [guadec-list] Call for papers Howto

> €80, which is a bit outside the IT budget at the moment.

At the end of the year non-US residents may spend more than 80€ taking
part in regular conference talks through regular phones. At least with
VoIP you end up getting some headsets for your money.  :)

>> The Foundation could probably
>> get some hardware SIP phones sponsored (apparently the simple ones are
>> practically worthless) for board members and such, so that they don't
>> have to
>> use a softphone and headphones (unless of course, they want to).

I'm for it. A forme Novell employee explained that the company had
delivered VoIP phones to the teleworking developers and he was very
happy about the service.

While the (new?) board decides on this topic, we at GUADEC may keep the
plan of regular conference calls and IRC.

Quim