Re: [guadec-list] Call for papers Howto

> Agreed. You should also look at http://live.gnome.org/GuadecPlanning
> which is our collected know-how from organising GUADECs.
>
> http://live.gnome.org/GuadecPlanning/CheckList is a bunch of questions
> which need to be answered before we know we're finished. There is not an
> order or size or priority associated with the tasks, though.

I will try to go through this interesting documentation as long as we go
through the organisation of the current GUADEC.

>> Proposing 3 tracks:
>>
>> - Meeting the users
>>
>> - Approaching GNOME 3.0
>>
>> - Collecting toughest bones
>

> <snip> Perhaps it needs another formulation to make it clear what we're
> looking for, but these sound great.

Good!

I have a doubt. It's time to make decisions but it's not clear who and
how decide now. Formerly it was Tim and the board (and before this I
guess the GUADEC6 comittee). Now Tim has left the Foundation, the board
is in election period and the GUADEC7 comittee is not a real thing yet.

So for instance, about these three tracks. What needs to happen in order
to decide that they will structure the papers of the next GUADEC?

> Selecting topics without presenters won't work.

Definitely, agreed.

> Great. Sounds good. Keynotes usually decide themselves what they are
> going to present, though.

Good to know. Makes sense and it's a usual practice.

--
Quim Gil      http://interactors.coop | http://desdeamericaconamor.org