Re: [guadec-list] Call for papers Howto

Quoting Dave Neary <dneary free fr>:

Yes! What about starting this week?

In the past, Tim has taken care of the infrastructure. In the interim, we sould ask Owen to set one up, if possible, at RedHat. That should be OK for one or two, but after that we'll need something better.

I have asked before why we don't set up a machine running a SIP server (ie.
Asterisk) for handling conference calling. It would be rad to have a GNOME.org
machine that anyone with a GNOME.org LDAP account would be able to log into via
SIP to place calls to other developers or participate in conference calls.

Given the relative expense of conference calling. The Foundation could probably
get some hardware SIP phones sponsored (apparently the simple ones are
practically worthless) for board members and such, so that they don't have to
use a softphone and headphones (unless of course, they want to).

It would certainly make more sense than using the PSTN for conference calling
and would allow for more regular, cheaper (or free) conference calls between
GNOME groups.

--d