[guadec-list] My new part time job for GUADEC & GNOME

Last week I sent an email explaining the possibility of myself being
hired part time by the STSI to coordinate the GUADEC. After a
conversation today with Carlos González we have agreed broadly the terms
of the collaboration.

This is part of the material support the Catalan Government is offering
to the GUADEC7, being the other part the compromise of getting free
infrastructures and equipment to the event. This model of helping with
resources attached to someone commissioned to make sure these resources
are used successfully is usual in public funding programs.

Originally this position was thought to coordinate the local counterpart
of the GUADEC organisation and guarantee an efficient collaboration with
the GNOME Foundation. The funny thing is that during these months my
personal involvement in GNOME has increased at a level that now I'm
apparently also the coordinator of the GUADEC at this side of the river...

The STSI is happy with this. By hiring someone they want to make sure
the local side won't fail in the organisation. If this someone belongs
also to the GNOME Foundation and has the capacity to push things and get
agreements at a local and global level, for them this is double good
news. I'm confident I can work on this. My main problem has been (like
most of us) time available while I was kept by other projects and
deadlines. Now that this is my main project for the next 7 months, time
is not what concerns me.

I hope you also see this move positively.

--
Quim Gil      http://desdeamericaconamor.org