Re: [guadec-list] Call for papers Howto

En/na David Neary ha escrit:

> In all honesty, we're past the point of no return for next year's
> GUADEC. It doesn't need to be a very heavy conference - we have a
> freedom to experiment with a GUADEC lite if needs be.

You are right with the first part. We have seen how 4 months have
already vanished. We need to make a good use of the time remaining.
Whoever has an interest in the GUADEC7 has got opportunities to join
this list and has the door open to the organisation. So we the ones
already inside must work efficiently and complete the earliest stage of
development in order to get the real flesh.

I'm sorry to say that you are wrong in the second part. GUADEC7 will be
a great event remembered for a long time (for the good).  :)

> We should have regular conference calls if we can, though.

Yes! What about starting this week?

On a more community level, what would you (plural) think of regular IRC
chats?

> In terms of keynote organisation, Anne Oestergaard has helped Tim in the
> past, and has generally been heavily involved in GUADEC organisation.

Of course it would be good to have Anne around. She has followed the
GUADEC7 process since the very beginning, she was in Barcelona and she
met there Jordi Mas, Carlos González and other people that will take
part in the organisation at a local level.

--
Quim Gil      http://interactors.coop | http://desdeamericaconamor.org